How to make an appointment
Please call our main switchboard number on 01908 318989 to book an appointment at either our main practice or our branch surgery.
If you have a Urgent Medical problem please give the details of the problem to the Receptionist .
MINOR ILLNESS NURSE will see patients OVER 1 YEAR OF AGE with the following problems:
- Coughs, colds, fever, flu-like symptoms, sore throat, sinusitis, tonsillitis, earache, hayfever
- asthma exacerbations, COPD.
- Minor injuries, back pain, sprains.
- Thrush, vaginal discharge, emergency contraception, mastitis, heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Urine infection, balanitis (sore penis).
- Eczema, skin rash, impetigo/skin infection, sunburn, insect bites and stings, boils, nappy rash, in-growing toenail, head lice, acne.
- Diarrhoea/vomiting, constipation, haemorrhoids, thread worms.
- Eye Conditions including conjunctivitis, stye.
FOR ALL OTHER PROBLEMS AN APPOINTMENT WILL BE BOOKED FOR YOU WITH A DOCTOR
If your condition is non-urgent, you can either book a Routine appointment or a Routine Telephone appointment normally within five working days, though you may have to wait longer if you want to see a particular GP or there is a GP on leave . You also have the option to book up to 2 weeks in advance if this is more convenient for you.
Nurses based in our practice treat patients for a wide range of common conditions. You can expect to see a nurse within two working days. You can book up to a month ahead for clinics – please see the ‘services and clinics’ section.
If you need to book a routine follow-up appointment with a particular GP you can make an appointment up to two weeks in advance. Many routine appointments are for patients who have a long-term or chronic condition that needs monitoring on a regular basis.
It is important to continue your regular check-ups, even if you are feeling well. Routine appointments are available during normal surgery hours with the practice nurse and/or doctor.
Routine Advice Calls
You can speak to a doctor for advice. Please ring after 9am and a doctor will return the call at the end of surgery.
HELPING DOCTORS WITH APPOINTMENTS
Please only discuss one medical problem in an appointment. If you have multiple issues please ask the Receptionist for a double appointment.
This will help the Doctors to run their clinics on time and save delays for other patients.