Patient's Rights and Responsibilities
As a patient you have the right to:
- be registered with the practice
- please remember that you may have to see any of the doctors if your need is urgent
- receive emergency care
- receive appropriate drugs and medicines
- be referred for specialist or second opinion if they and GP agrees
- see your medical records or a copy, subject to certain laws
- know that by law, everyone working for the NHS must keep the contents of your medical records private.
With this rights come responsibilities for the public. That means being:
- courteous to staff at all times
- as prompt as possible for all appointments
- responsible for cancelling appointments in adequate time.